Rawhide install testing ... help needed

James Laska jlaska at redhat.com
Wed Mar 18 21:01:10 UTC 2009

Greetings testers,

What was clear in today's QA meeting [1] was that there is insufficient
information around the health of rawhide installs.  Without good data it
is difficult for QA to make an informed recommendation as to whether we
are prepared to cut a beta.  While things have been slowly improving
since the anaconda storage rewrite [2] landed, the concern is that more
test blockers lurking.

With help from the BugZappers team, Adam Williamson is looking to triage
the current batch of NEW anaconda bugs [3].  From that we hope to
identify any existing F11Beta blocking bugs.

I'd like to also invite testers to contribute rawhide install test
feedback.  Will Woods has created a F-11-Beta wiki page at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Fedora_11_Beta_Install_Test_Results.

Installing rawhide is documented in
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Releases/Rawhide#Direct_Rawhide_install.
Will Woods, Jesse Keating and I will be around on #fedora-qa tomorrow
recording results.

Stop by and share your findings.  We need your help to decide whether
Rawhide is ready to become a Beta.

Thanks,
James

[1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20090318