where is a description of the custom spins?

Robert P. J. Day rpjday at crashcourse.ca
Fri Mar 20 10:58:01 UTC 2009

On Thu, 19 Mar 2009, Rick Stevens wrote:

> Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >   hmmmm ... that makes it a lot less appealing.  i was hoping for a
> > > full-blown developer spin -- all the common compilers, interpreters,
> > > scripting language, debuggers, IDEs, etc.  has no one done something
> > > like that?  i would have thought that would have some value.
> >
> > I think there's no way it'd fit on a DVD. ;-)
>
> Perhaps on a blu-ray disk?  :-)

  why wouldn't this fit on a normal DVD?  if you wanted to create a
custom "development" spin, you could save piles of space by not
development.  if someone subsequently wanted open office, they could
always install it themselves after the fact.  you could also leave out
sizable categories like audio and video.  i mean, are you suggesting
that a basic install loaded with dev goodies would necessarily suck up
way more than 4G?  that would surprise me.

rday

Robert P. J. Day
    Have classroom, will lecture.