Current installer is very slow

Affix affix at ihack.co.uk
Sat Mar 21 12:24:29 UTC 2009

Anaconda seems ok for me. when writing to an entire drive. however 4GB of
Ram, 3.2GHZ X86_64 is really slow when resizing partitions Quite a pain when
I have to do it on a number of systems

On Sat, Mar 21, 2009 at 2:00 AM, G.Wolfe Woodbury
<ggw at wolves.durham.nc.us>wrote:

> Clyde E. Kunkel wrote:
>
>> current anaconda, 11.5.0-33 (even -31) is very slow wrt paritioning tasks
>> and work.  (Maybe even -34 if it was incorporated in the install image dated
>> 20 March 2009--says it is -33 even tho in packages dir anaconda is -34
>> version.)
>>
>> Anyone else seeing this?
>>
>> I have commented on it in a bz I opened for other problems, but since my
>> test system is a bit out of the ordinary, thought I would see if others are
>> experiencing slowness.
>>

> Oh Yes!!
>
> It is slow and cranky for my i686 system.  Attempting to do anything out of
> the ordinary with an LVM (like splitting /home to a seperate file system)
>  results in an assertion fail but no exception/traceback to save.
>

> --

Keiran Smith
- Fedora Ambassador / BugZapper - <affix at fedoraproject.org>
- Free Software Foundation Associate - <keiran.smith at member.fsf.org>