can't update: mirror errors

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Mon Mar 23 12:08:48 UTC 2009

Dear fellow testers,

I know that beta is around the corner, I have not updated my machines since Tuesday of last week March 17 or so.  I get the following message:

[root at riohigh ~]# yum clean all
Cleaning up Everything
[root at riohigh ~]# yum clean metadata
0 metadata files removed
0 sqlite files removed
0 metadata files removed
[root at riohigh ~]# yum update
adobe-linux-i386                                         |  951 B     00:00
adobe-linux-i386/primary                                 |  10 kB     00:00
adobe-linux-i386                                                          17/17
rawhide/metalink                                         | 3.1 kB     00:00
rawhide                                                  | 3.4 kB     00:00
http://archive.linux.duke.edu/pub/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for rawhide
Trying other mirror.
rawhide                                                  | 3.4 kB     00:00
http://mirrors.tummy.com/pub/fedora.redhat.com/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for rawhide
Trying other mirror.
rawhide                                                  | 3.4 kB     00:00
http://mirror.unl.edu/fedora/linux/development/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for rawhide
Trying other mirror.
rawhide                                                  | 3.4 kB     00:00
http://mirrors.happyjacksoftware.com/development/i386/os/repodata/repomd.xml: [Errno -1] repomd.xml does not match metalink for rawhide
Trying other mirror.
Error: Cannot retrieve repository metadata (repomd.xml) for repository: rawhide. Please verify its path and try again
[root at riohigh ~]#

I try again and see the same thing.  I know there were a few updates since then, but I can't apply them.  Any insight?

Regards,

Antonio