copy paste problem.

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat May 2 23:51:29 UTC 2009

Adrin Jalali wrote:
> I remember a copy paste problem which was (I think at least) solved, but I
> can see it again using rawhide. When you copy something in an application,
> by the time you close that application it's being erased from the
> clipboard. So you should keep the source application open till you paste
> that somewhere else.
>
> Is it supposed to be normal behavior?

This is just how the X11 clipboard works. The X11 clipboard contents are
stored within the application "owning" the clipboard, if you close it, poof,
there goes the clipboard. You need to run a clipboard manager such as
Klipper, Glipper etc., which fixes this by taking ownership of the
clipboard automatically.

        Kevin Kofler