Fonts going funky in GTK apps

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Mon May 4 17:23:12 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 11:29 -0400, Adam Jackson wrote:
> I really, really wish that I had any reliable reproducer for this
> problem.  None of my Intel machines seem to trigger it.
>
> If anyone can come up with, say, a specific web page that introduces
> this corruption every time, I'd be _thrilled_.
>
> - ajax
> --
That would not be easy I think... I myself have seen this only *once*,
in midori and, strange enough, only some of the opened webpages were
affected and reload did not fix/break them (and even stranger in some of
them it was letter 'e' and in others letter 'a' that was screwed, if I
recall correctly). Now (after a few restarts and totally forgetting
about it), everything looks just how it should... I thought at that time
it was some weird font issue. I am also on Intel and on Gnome, using
metacity with compositing enabled (it's more reliable for me than compiz
and I just want real transparency support anyway). Definitely not always
reproducible for me...

Martin