Preview on Abit VH6

Chuck Forsberg WA7KGX N2469R caf at omen.com
Mon May 4 18:37:20 UTC 2009

It took a while, but I finally was able to install the 386 Preview on
a PIII with768 mb.  The first attempt failed with errors on the
CD drive.  For some reason Ubuntu 9.04 was able to install.

I then replaced the CD drive and was able to get the Preview to
install, without errors, albeit rather slowly.  Once installed, Preview
worked normally once the Ethernet was plugged in.  It was a
disappointment that the network manager did not identify an
unplugged ethernet cable.

On a whim I tried a suspend, first time I've ever tried it with Linux.
On powerup it loaded some stuff then locked up without any
messages.

--
Chuck Forsberg    caf at omen.com   www.omen.com   503-614-0430
10255 NW Old Cornelius Pass Portland OR 97231   FAX 629-0665