copy paste problem.

Rick Stevens ricks at nerd.com
Mon May 4 19:52:08 UTC 2009

Adam Williamson wrote:

>>> I don't think that's a regression, though is it? Hasn't it always been
>>> that way?
>> Yeah has always been the case.
>
> Right, so AFAICT, nothing's different for F11 - ctrl-c/ctrl-v style
> pasting works after the app closes (as long as it's sufficiently
> GNOME-y), and highlight/middle-click style never has.
>
> if ctrl-c / ctrl-v style pasting has stopped working for you in a
> circumstance where it worked in f10, I think that would be considered a
> bug worth reporting with sufficient info to identify the problem.

Middle mouse button paste has worked for me since F7 or so under Gnome
with or without the "source" window being open.  It even works under
Synergy (cut from one machine, paste in another).  If it's not so in
F11, then yeah, I'd say it's broken.

-       A squeegee, by any other name, wouldn't sound as funny.      -