a couple of problems with FC11 Preview

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Mon May 4 23:45:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 18:04 -0400, Will Woods wrote:

> > > Check out the new "Touchpad" tab in your Mouse preferences to enable
> > > scrolling.
> >
> > I don't have this tab... maybe because I'm on KDE?
>
> OH! I can't believe I missed that. Sorry.
>
> I don't know how you configure that in KDE, but - as a last resort - the
> 'synclient' command-line program should let you set things up the way
> you want.

Yeah, I'm not sure what's up, but for some reason scrolling is now
disabled by default.

I enabled scrolling (using the Gnome dialog) and it still didn't work.

Turns out that I also needed to adjust the RightEdge value using
synclient.  Mine was 983, but this required jamming my finger into the
corner of the trackpad, case. Setting it to 940 made scrolling work
again (along with enabling it).

Also, strangely, I can see options (in the Gnome dialog) to enable
two-finger scrolling, but I don't think my trackpad supports this (at
least, it didn't work when I enabled it) so I can't help but wonder
whether this option shouldn't appear unless the trackpad supports it (as
everyone know, Gnome has too many options as it is ;-])

R.

 It's much better on my side"