swfdec + rawhide + youtube ≅ no sound

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Tue May 5 13:29:40 UTC 2009

Well, I usually prefer the totem-youtube plugin to swfdec-mozilla in
web-browser, but sometimes it's more handy to open the video in
epiphany/midori. The thing is that it's almost always totally silent (up
until now I though that it's always silent but on one occurrence the
sound actually was there -- for one video and then disappeared again)...
I wonder if it's just some misconfiguration on my side or if it's a
known problem... Note that I can see the stream in pulse audio mixer but
even with all sliders at 100% it's completely silent. It used to work
better on F10 (at least the sound was there)...

Martin