Jigdo and the release day

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue May 5 20:54:35 UTC 2009

I have here the beta ISO, the snapshot ISO, and the contents of /var/cache/yum
which I run with cleanup off. When the final release day comes, is there a way I
can tell jigdo to use that combination to reduce the network traffic and server
load?

RELATED: can I do some magic on /var/cache/yum to get the old install DVD to use
the new stuff? My test with createrepo seemed to generate a local repo which
worked for after the fact install and update, I'm just trying to avoid
installing obsolete packages and blowing them away again, on a slow machine that
really rots.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>