F11 Preview : everything OK but Virtualbox

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed May 6 15:02:21 UTC 2009

Chuck Anderson wrote:
> On Sat, May 02, 2009 at 11:13:37AM -0500, E.B. A. wrote:
>> My only problem is VirtualBox. Whenever I try to run a new virtual session,
>> somehow, it just stop working. I installed the dkms but somehow it doesn't
>> work. Still, I think it's because of something I do, I haven't really done
>> any troubleshoot.
>
> I'm curious why you use VirtualBox instead of the built-in
> virtualization solution in Fedora, yum groupinstall Virtualization

AFAIK the Fedora virt package is only for recent systems with the virt in
hardware. VirtualBox is the solution now that xen has been removed from Fedora
and is only available in other distributions.

I've read that xen would be in FC12, but I read that about 10 and 11, too :-(
Until it is in a shipping and supported release VBox is a viable solution.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>