Bug workflow page revised

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 7 15:39:16 UTC 2009

> Allen Kistler <an037-ooai8 at yahoo.com> writes:
> > What happens when QA on a MODIFIED report fails?  Shouldn't there be a
> > path to send it back to ASSIGNED for rework?  I do know that RH BZ
> > currently doesn't allow it.
>
> According to the status help page
> https://bugzilla.redhat.com/page.cgi?id=fields.html#status

Which, as I mentioned, is for RHEL, where there are real paid people
plugged into this process...

> you push it to FAILS_QA, and then it goes back to ASSIGNED if the
> breakage is bad enough to require a new round of bug investigation.

...this is the bit where the magic happens. "It goes back" seems to
equal "maintainer sets it back".

> If the ON_QA state isn't meaningful for Fedora then this state machine
> probably needs some adjustment for that, but it's not insane on its
> own terms.

The ON_QA / FAILS_QA loop doesn't make too much sense for Fedora as
there is no paid QA group wired into this loop. 'QA' is the reporter.

I think it should just be a simple setup as the reporter describes;
reporters should be allowed to set bugs back to ASSIGNED from MODIFIED.

At present I'd say you should just post a comment to say the fix doesn't
work for you. It's then the maintainer's responsibility to change back
to ASSIGNED and fix the fix.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey