Bug workflow page revised

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 7 15:42:51 UTC 2009

> > If the ON_QA state isn't meaningful for Fedora then this state machine
> > probably needs some adjustment for that, but it's not insane on its
> > own terms.
>
> The ON_QA / FAILS_QA loop doesn't make too much sense for Fedora as
> there is no paid QA group wired into this loop. 'QA' is the reporter.
>
> I think it should just be a simple setup as the reporter describes;
> reporters should be allowed to set bugs back to ASSIGNED from MODIFIED.

Ug, sorry - I'm thinking too much about Rawhide here. The ON_QA loop is
of course used for Fedora in stable release updates.

I think the question comes down to "should the onus / ability to return
a bug to ASSIGNED when it fails testing be on the reporter or maintainer
or both". Thoughts?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey