Mouse choices

Mike Cloaked mike.cloaked at gmail.com
Thu May 7 16:03:24 UTC 2009

Adam Jackson-3 wrote:

> On Wed, 2009-05-06 at 16:07 -0600, Lawrence E. Graves wrote:
>> I am left-handed and I can not get my mouse to switch.  I personally
>> believe something is broke. Please look into this problem.  It is
>> probably something simple is why I can't figure out what it is. It
>> started when I upgraded to F11.  Other than I can't get Vmware to turn
>> off or on, F11 is running fine for me.
>
> How are you trying to set it to left-handed?
>
> - ajax (using a left-handed mouse on F11)

Presumably for F11 it is the same as for F10 where you go to
System->Preferences->Hardware->Mouse and select it.

However in a laptop with a touchpad, once you do switch to left handed this
way, how does the touchpad behave? - do you get tap to click working
correctly for the mousepad in F11 when switched to left-handed? Do you get
the left and right buttons switched over correctly for the touchpad also?

This has been an issue for F10 for someone whose laptop I maintain.

Also what is the equivalent for KDE?

Since I will be going from F10 to F11 after release I am interested in the
answers to these questions.