F11 updates vs. rawhide

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 9 23:22:47 UTC 2009

Allen Kistler wrote:
> So this list has the item
>
>> Subject: Fedora 11 updates-testing report
>>
>> The following builds have been pushed to Fedora 11 updates-testing
>>
>> [snip]
>
> And fedora-package-announce has a bunch like
>
>> Subject: Fedora 11 Update: fsarchiver-0.5.2-1.fc11

>> Fedora Update Notification
>> FEDORA-2009-4315
>> 2009-05-08 20:17:29
>>

>> [snip]
>
> But there's no F11 repo yet AFAICT.
> Then there's the Blocker review next week.
>
> So there's an unavailable F11 repo that's getting all the bug fixes that
> aren't going into the final release, and it's starting now so there's
> not a massive update push right at release.
>
> Am I reading between the lines correctly?  I'm just curious, because
> there's still some new F11 stuff going into rawhide, too.

I not only see mention of fc11 updates, but updates-testing as well. Not to
mention yum showing me updates-debug, updates-debuginfo, and of course koji and
rpmfusion. Are these all newer or less tested than rawhide? From other planets
or dimensions? The repo setup is a bit less organized than is optimal just
before a release.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>