Keyboard does not work with Grub menu - How widespread?

Tom Horsley tom.horsley at att.net
Mon May 11 01:11:27 UTC 2009

On Sun, 10 May 2009 20:54:56 -0400
Chris Tyler wrote:

> I have a system where the keyboard doesn't work when the Grub menu is
> visible.

On my system, it sometimes doesn't work. I haven't yet noticed any
kind of pattern, but it is very rare. Most of the time it works
fine (and I'm almost certain to notice, because about the only times
I reboot the system I want to boot a different linux on my
multiboot grub menu, so it is certainly irritating when it
doesn't work). I do have a usb keyboard, and I noticed the other
day that it doesn't show up in lsusb, so I assume the BIOS is
indeed operating in "legacy" mode.