Mouse choices

John Summerfield debian at herakles.homelinux.org
Mon May 11 07:30:48 UTC 2009

Lawrence E. Graves wrote:
> Thank you.
> * I am running Gnome
> * I wanted to change my mouse from the standard right-hand to left-hand
> * None that I understand.  I tried opening each and there was nothing
> * I using a Logitech wireless Keyboard and mouse combo x710 USB
> * I installed Fedora 4 different times and each time I used a fresh Dvd.
> I started with beta and then pre-release. Somewhere between the Beta and
> the pre-release I encountered the problem.
> * Selinux= enforcing and Selinuxtype=targeted
> I hope I've answered all your questions.  I have just learn some things
> about where to look for things.  Thanks again
>
> Lawrence E. Graves <lgraves at risingstarmbc.com>

This isn't the answer you want:-)

I'm right-handed, but I have a mate who insists on using his mouse in
his left hand. I don't recall that he's bothered to configure the mouse so.

I have used his computer occasionally, and I gave up moving the thing
across the desk, untangling and retangling its tail, and just use it
where he does.

I have to think a little, but then I remember the first time I ided a
mouse. Rubbish! I said. The mouse and the mac, both. I've changed my
mind about the mouse.

Come to think of it, if he had configured the mouse left-handed, I'd
have noticed when I did use it right-handed.

I think I'd just get used to it. Less hassle when I use someone else's
computer, and each time I create a new Linux system - tree times today,
a couple last Friday.

--

Cheers
John