F11 not booting

Stephen Berg (Contractor) stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil
Tue May 12 15:32:25 UTC 2009

Did an install of the preview release, that went smoothly.  Ran updates
and now the system won't complete a reboot.  It seems to be stuck
somewhere in the boot process.  I tried booting without the graphical
boot stuff and going into single user mode but it still gets stuck.
I've let it sit like that for 20 or 30 minutes and no progress happens.

The kind of strange part is on one attempt I plugged in my F10 Live USB
stick and the console showed the normal messages from inserting a USB
device.  Seems that the system is still active but not progressing in
the boot process.  The last message I see on the screen is when it tells
me about the PS/2 mouse that is connected.

I've got the kernel that came with the preview release and two updated
kernels, all three do the same thing.  Any ideas?

--
Stephen Berg
Systems Administrator
stephen.berg.ctr at nrlssc.navy.mil