No Sound from VMware Workstation

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Tue May 12 15:36:33 UTC 2009

Since this specifically is something I'm seeing on F11 Preview, I'm
asking here.

I'm not getting any sound from VMs on WMware Workstation 6.5.2 running
on F11 Preview. Workstation is patched for kernel 2.6.29 using the patch
available from the thread:

http://communities.vmware.com/message/1218802

Workstation complains that there is no sound device available to the VM,
and then the VM launches without the sound device connected. Ideas?

Cheers,

Chris

--
"You see things as they are and ask, 'Why?'

-- George Bernard Shaw