What the "H" gives with FC11 install

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue May 12 17:40:28 UTC 2009

Jim wrote:
> Trying to make custom partitions in Fedora 11 install, from a Fedora 8
> install
> /
> /home
> swap
>
> It won't let met make / as ext4 , because it says can't make ext4 as
> boot partition.
> So I change it to ext3, and it says "your / partition does not match the
> live image you are installing from. It must be formatted as ext4".
>
> What The "h" are they doing now ?

You need a separate /boot as ext[23] to boot, and it must be a partition. I
*think* it must be a primary partition, as the installer tells me I have not
enough free space for a boot partition, when I cleared 150MB for an extended
partition. Yes, I changed the size I was asking for to 150, yes I actually had a
few more MB free than that.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>