VPN connections in NetworkManager have strange behaviour

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue May 12 21:16:35 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 10:27 +0200, Axel wrote:
> I have a problem when using NetworkManager to connect to VPN
> connections, on an up to date fedora 11 system.
> I previously (ubuntu gutsy) used to connect to a vpnc (VPN Compatible
> Cisco) server with the command line tool.
>
> Using the command line still works with Fedora 11. When I try to switch
> to the NetworkManager builtin VPN manager, I manage to connect to the
> remote VPN server, but no network activity can be made. It s maybe a
> problem with the routes.

> So is there something wrong in my NetworkManager settings ?

I'm afraid I can't explain what's wrong in your case, but I just wanted
to note this isn't the same for me. I have a connection to Red Hat's
internal VPN (which is the same type, it works from the command line
with vpnc) set up in NetworkManager. It works fine. At first I had it
set up similar to how you do - all configuration settings default - then
I set it to "Use this connection only for resources on its network".
Either way, it works fine. This is on latest Rawhide.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey