2009-05-14 - Fedora Test Day - IBus input method

Martin Sourada martin.sourada at gmail.com
Wed May 13 07:48:33 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-12 at 22:14 -0400, Scott Robbins wrote:
> On the other hand, with the Gnome VM, it does work in Gnome-terminal. It
> seems to be working very well with all GTK apps, and I do have high
> hopes for it.

Yep, it does seem to (I use it at least in gajim, gedit, midori,
epiphany, evolution, stardict, fantasdict, totem and rarely in
gnome-terminal. It also works better than scim in inkscape). One thing
that bothers me though is that when disabled after using, the anthy
panel tends to still appear semi-transparently [see attachment], but is
not clickable. I usually have to turn it off twice for it to disappear
completely when switched to another window. Also there seems to be
missing an option to add new word to dictionary - it was present in
scim.

Note: I am native Czech speaker and I regularly type in Czech, English
and Japanese and I don't have issues with either (apart from the fact
that is much more convenient to use US keyboard layout when writing
through ibus than the Czech one). Would be nice though if turning up
ibus also switched the keyboard layout to US, but that's maybe asking
for to much >_<

Martin