What the "H" gives with FC11 install

Andrew Parker gbofspam at gmail.com
Wed May 13 09:02:46 UTC 2009

On Tue, May 12, 2009 at 7:57 PM, Patrick O'Callaghan
<pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

>> > That's what I'm saying. It *is* a separate partition, just not a primary
>> > partition. Nothing on the above page suggests that it needs to be
>> > primary.
>>
>> Please file a bug report.
>
> Is it a bug? As I said, I happily installed /boot on an extended
> partition since I didn't know it wasn't supposed to work, and it does in
> fact work perfectly well for me. Maybe I got lucky.

It will work if the partition is "not too far" into the extended
partition.  I'm not sure what the definition of "not too far" is and
whether or not it depends on the size of partitions before the exended
partition though.

I'd be more vague if could. ;)