f11: firefox locks up gnome-desktop

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200905 at gmail.com
Sat May 16 16:59:41 UTC 2009

I just reproduced this a few times. Firefox locked up my gnome desktop
so hard I had to do a forceful long power-button press to unwedge.  The
system was still up, but the keyboard was non-responsive and
alt-control-f2 didn't get me to an text console.  I also couldn't kill X
with a alt-control-backspace.  Logging in remotely and doing a "shutdown
-r now" also hung at some point after the network connection was closed.

Not even sure what I should be looking for here.  In my case it happened
reliably because firefox saved the state on crashing and when I restored
that state by agreeing to open the old tabs.  I recall I was checking
for add-ons with the small add-on/extension window open when things
locked up.

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.