Upgrade problem.

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Mon May 18 02:53:51 UTC 2009

On Sun, 2009-05-17 at 19:20 -0500, James W. Bennett wrote:
> One week ago this past Saturday -- I upgraded Fedora 11 preview I386.
> After that upgrade when the PC  is left unattended for an hour or so, It
> will not come back. Something is causing it to lock up.

Any clues in /var/log/messages?

What services and desktop programs were running when the lockup
occurred?  Was this with a fresh desktop session, or had you been doing
anything interesting (e.g. suspend/resume, update without rebooting)
during the session?

You might try leaving the machine alone for a while again and see if it
happens reproducably.  If not, something may have happened during the
login session to trigger the problem.  If so, you can try disabling
services and see if any of them are the cause.

-B.