every so often, screen just goes black

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Wed May 20 00:32:27 UTC 2009

--- On Tue, 5/19/09, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> From: Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> Subject: Re: every so often, screen just goes black
> To: "For testers of Fedora Core development releases" <fedora-test-list at redhat.com>
> Date: Tuesday, May 19, 2009, 5:07 PM
> On Tue, 2009-05-19 at 23:24 +0000,
> "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > On 05/19/2009 09:44 PM, Robert P. J. Day wrote:
> > >   for the display, mine's set for
> 30 minutes but it's *absolutely* not
> > > a function of that time value since, as others
> have mentioned, the
> > > screen can go black totally arbitrarily, like
> when i'm literally in
> > > the middle of typing something.  can i
> assume that's pretty much
> > > what's happening to some of the others who have
> confirmed this?
> > >
> > Yup
> >
> > 30 minutes here same symptom
>
> Can you guys set it to 'never' and see if the behaviour
> changes?
> --
> Adam Williamson
> Fedora QA Community Monkey
> IRC: adamw | Fedora Talk: adamwill AT fedoraproject DOT
> org
> http://www.happyassassin.net
>
> --

It happens!  I see it in both GNOME and KDE environments.  I had it to never and it happens as soon as I type something in internet.   Moving the mouse or a touching a key gets me back.  It is strange but it does happen.  I guess it is not a big deal, but others may have other opinions.

Regards,

Antonio