One week slip of Fedora 11 Release

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed May 20 21:10:30 UTC 2009

On Wed, May 20, 2009 at 09:46:07 -0700,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Wed, 2009-05-20 at 08:34 -0500, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> >
> > Based on what I have been seeing in a few critical packages recently, I think
> > this is a good decision.
> >

> Are there open bugs (on the blocker list?) for these concerns?  While we
> will take critical issues, this isn't free time, so if you expect the
> time to be used to fix the issues you're concerned about, we need to
> know about them.

Mostly I was noticing changes in packages needed to do installs, boot or build
livecds. In particular a lot of fixes in anaconda have been going in. It
didn't look to me like there was going to be much chance to test that the
fixes didn't introduce regressions before the gold image was built. Another
week available for testing would make me feel a lot better about it.

I am a little concerned about 501198. It seems to affect some subset of the
people using encrypted file systems. There was a fix that helped some people,
but my last test failed. I wouldn't necessarily say it's a blocker, but it
would be nice to get fixed or a better idea of who is affected so something
can be in the release notes. (Or we might go back to mkinitrd-6.0.83-1 if we
really don't need the fix from 6.0.84-1 to go in.) I am going to do at least
one more test of 6.0.85-1 to make sure my previous test of it that failed was
done correctly.