Fedora11 64bit flash not working for me.

Matej Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Thu May 21 12:13:32 UTC 2009

Christopher A. Williams, Thu, 21 May 2009 06:08:51 -0600:
> If you put it in your home directory, it won't work, and it won't work
> because Mozilla is intentionally designed such that this won't work.

Yes, that's exactly what I wanted to say ... too little coffee in the
morning. :)

And the intentionality is on the side of Fedora maintainers not upstream.
Just to be clear on this.

> The mozilla-plugin-config command is used to inventory and "wrap"
> various plugins for use. While originally intended for wrapping 32-bit
> plugins for use with 64-bit Mozilla, it also can be used to wrap 64-bit
> plugins in a similar way. It's not absolutely necessary to do in this
> case, but it definitely doesn't hurt. Some say it's still a good idea to
> do.

And meanwhile mozilla-plugin-config is run automatically on firefox
startup.

Matěj