Left-Hand Mouse and VMWare was Re: Updates to be installed

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Thu May 21 21:35:53 UTC 2009

On Thu, 2009-05-21 at 14:26 -0600, Lawrence E. Graves wrote:
> On Fri, 2009-05-22 at 01:49 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > On 05/22/2009 01:08 AM, Lawrence E. Graves wrote:
> >

> > > I don't know what DE means.  I am using gnome\F11.  I go to
> > > system/preference/mouse.  I am using Asus MB P5Q SE2.  Does that help?
> >
> > Was a bug report filed on this?
> >
> > http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/How_to_file_a_bug_report
> >
> > It appears to be a VMWare only issue that should be reported directly to
> > VMWare instead however.
> >
> > Rahul
> >

> Yes, a bug was filed about 3 weeks ago.  A lot of people responded to it
> but no one came up with an answer.

Actually, I have to fess up on this one. I was _supposed_ to file a BZ
on this issue, but was overcome by other events. In the last few months,
travel with my job has often meant I've not been on the same continent
for more than a few days at a time. I've done almost 70K miles since the
beginning of the year just on one airline...!

...And this is specifically NOT a VMware issue. The problem happens on
F11 running natively on the machine regardless of if VMware is
installed. At the time, I was able to narrow it down to that, at least
on my IBM T400 laptop, the on-board IBM mouse buttons worked but my USB
connected Microsoft Wireless Notebook Presenter Mouse 8000 Model 1065
did not.

After that, it seems the entire thread was just dropped.

Lawrence has the same issue, and he is using a similar wireless USB
mouse and keyboard. I think he mentioned it was a Logitech brand, but
I'm not sure. Perhaps he can update us on that part.

Cheers,

Chris

--
"Only two things are infinite,