Shouldn't the fact that beagle doesn't work with both firefox and thunderbird be a release blocker?

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.brookline.ma.us
Fri May 22 13:24:25 UTC 2009

I think search is, nowadays, critical functionality, not only because it
is widely used, but because it is built into those other two big
operating systems Linux is competing with.

I think putting out a release in which search is non-functional for the
two most important types of data (email and Web pages), when search
/was/ functional for those two types of data in the previous release,
would be extremely unwise and a big black eye for Fedora.

While I understand the need to have relatively sane criteria for what
constitutes a release blocker, it is also, as the ReleaseCriteria page
points out, essentially a subjective judgment, and in this case I think
that looking at the forest, rather than the trees, would lead to the
conclusion that F11 shouldn't ship with these two bugs unfixed.

Especially since they will probably be quite easy to fix once a
developer actually pays attention to them.

   jik