what package will give me /lib/ld-linux.so.2 on x86_64?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 23 11:52:17 UTC 2009

Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> But the package I really want to use is still looking for the .i586
>> version, and the other stuff I have will use that, and performance is not
>> an issue compared to network and display slowness.
>
> Huh? glibc.i686 is supposed to be a drop-in replacement for glibc.i586. Many
> 32-bit systems use the i686 build (only).

The original issue is that I have packages which are available in binary form
which use the 32 bit ".i585" libraries. And since several are (a) huge, (b)
updated frequently, and (c) not known to be 64 bit functional, I find the path
of best use is to avoid porting and building them when I can fight the battle of
libraries once and be done with it.

I may not have made that clear, or due to the age of the thread you may have
forgotten by now.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>