what package will give me /lib/ld-linux.so.2 on x86_64?

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Sat May 23 18:58:49 UTC 2009

Bill Davidsen wrote:
> The original issue is that I have packages which are available in binary
> form which use the 32 bit ".i585" libraries.

You didn't get my point. glibc.i586 and glibc.i686 contain the SAME
libraries, just differently optimized. All the packages in Fedora get built
against one or the other and actually run on both. The same should be true
for any third-party binaries. I don't see how which one you pick would make
any difference.

> And since several are (a) huge, (b) updated frequently, and (c) not known
> to be 64 bit functional

That doesn't mean they need glibc.i586 rather than glibc.i686.

The right glibc multilib for x86_64 systems is i686, not i586.

        Kevin Kofler