Bluetooth enable in fc11?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 23 19:23:22 UTC 2009

drago01 wrote:
> On Sat, May 23, 2009 at 3:56 PM, Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com> wrote:
>> drago01 wrote:

>>> Just right click on the BT icon in the panel.
>>> Everything needed is installed by default and works just fine.
>>>
>> What BT icon would that be? There certainly is none in any default I've ever
>> used. Or is this one of those KDE-only things? And the Bluetooth item on the
>> applications menu if offering to open files, not look for devices.
>
> When a BT device is plugged in / detected you should see an icon in
> the notification-area.

I agree, only it doesn't work that way. I was looking for a tool like Windows
has, which enumerates the BT devices in the area, clearly support hasn't
prograssed that far. Like iwlist for wifi, to get the info which is available
instead of what NetworkMangler thinks you are allowed to see.

> The rightclick menu offers different things you can do with bluetooth,
> it also provides a wizard for setting up new devices.

I would settle for totally manual method if it worked, actually prefer it so I
could see where it doesn't work.

I take it from the lack of other info that it is intended to work automatically
or not at all, to avoid confusing users with information. Thanks anyway.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>