xawtv dependencies still broken

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Sat May 23 19:34:33 UTC 2009

It was noted for fc10 that xawtv requires fonts which are (a) not loaded by
default, and (b) omitted from the dependencies. I note that this is still the
case. When it was discussed some time ago someone said there was a BZ entry for
it, so I didn't file one, but I can't find it now.

After watching me for about half an hour when I said "yum pulls in the things
you need," the owner of the laptop and his friends concluded that Linux is just
for hobby use, they will stick with Windows. The limits of a 4GB thumb drive
didn't leave room to download every known font, and fc10 won't record from a
webcam half the time even when xawtv "works" as well as it can.

I will look for the bug Tuesday, clearly no one is going to fix it before the
release, since it's gone at least six weeks without a fix now.

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>