Some success with dahdi in F11

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Sun May 24 03:37:03 UTC 2009

Since I haven't seen addon rpms for dahdi or zaptel for F11 yet I tried
playing with it myself basing off a spec file proposed for rpmfusion.
Dahdi 2.1.0.4 didn't build in a way that looks like that branch hasn't been
changed to work with the 2.6.29 kernel. I figured that meant it was likely
that zaptel wouldn't either and didn't pursue that. I was able to get
Dahdi 2.2.0.0-rc4 to build most of its stuff. One driver I didn't use
seem to be having build problems related to a name change. I was able to
tweak the spec file to not fail because of this, but I think there is a
problem with Digium's build process.

Unfortunately only having dahdi limited me to asterisk (callweaver still
only works with the older zaptel drivers). But I was able to get a simple
test case working with my analog TDM hardware.