Volume applet for gnome?

Reid Rivenburgh reidr at pobox.com
Sun May 24 17:21:58 UTC 2009

On Sun, May 24, 2009 at 7:34 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> Neither of those is really the answer, though, the new applet should
> replace the old one smoothly...has anyone else noticed this on an
> upgrade? Reid, is the package gnome-media installed?

Hi Adam.  I have this installed:

gnome-media-2.26.0-6.fc11.x86_64

And when I right-click on a panel and say "Add to panel...", none of
the applets (if that's the right term) seem to be related to
audio/mixing.  But it sounds like it was replaced with a notification
area approach....

Another potential problem I have is this:

% rpm -qa | grep fc10 | wc -l
136

Here are a few random examples:

yum-plugin-upgrade-helper-1.1.22-1.fc10.noarch
qt-4.5.1-10.fc10.i386
krusader-2.0.0-1.fc10.x86_64
kdeutils-4.2.3-1.fc10.x86_64

I upgraded using preupgrade.  Is it normal to still have that many
fc10 rpms installed?  Maybe having some third party packages like
picasa caused this?  I checked a few cases by hand, and sometimes I
have both fc10 and fc11 rpms installed (but otherwise identical).
Whatever the cause, I'm afraid that could cause some strange behavior.

Reid