Volume applet for gnome?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon May 25 19:10:39 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-25 at 13:56 -0400, Bill Davidsen wrote:
> Reid Rivenburgh wrote:
> > Hi.  I got my F11 preupdate to work; I think maybe an anaconda update
> > did the trick.  So now I'm running F11.  I've run into a few issues.
> > I used to have an audio volume applet installed in my gnome panel,
> > which made it convenient to quickly adjust the volume.    When I first
> > logged in under F11, it put up a dialog that said something about that
> > applet no longer exisitng.  I don't see an obvious replacement.  Is
> > there something else I could use or install?  (I guess I'll ask about
> > other issues in other mails as necessary....)
> >
> Developer's blog on the subject:
> http://www.happyassassin.net/2009/04/27/the-great-mixer-debate-or-where-did-all-my-sliders-go/

That's my blog, but I am not a developer (in the sense that I can't hack
for toffee, and also in the sense that I don't work on gnome-media
code :>). All I've done on the issue is package the old mixer for F11
and have it added to the default install. Just for clarity :)
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey