Merging F11 FAQ into other wiki pages

Christopher Beland beland at alum.mit.edu
Wed May 27 07:23:32 UTC 2009

I think it was Adam who suggested that
http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Fedora_11_FAQ be integrated into
existing documentation.  I was thinking of replacing it with something
like the following:

This document is now empty; please choose from the following related
pages:
* [http://docs.fedoraproject.org/install-guide/f11 Fedora 11
Installation Guide]
* [http://docs.fedoraproject.org/release-notes/f11preview Fedora 11
Release Notes]
* [https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F11_bugs Common F11 bugs]
* [http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FAQ General Fedora FAQ]
* [http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Communicating_and_getting_help
Communicating and getting help]
<<

As for what to do with the content, my thoughts section by section:

1 - Covered by release notes
2 - Covered by installation guide
3 - Answer is broken?
4 - Should be covered by installation guide or release announcement
5 - Add to installation guide
6 - Add to installation guide
7 - (retain link)
8 - Covered by common bugs page, release notes
9 - Is "ext4 in f11" supposed to be added to the Interview page linked
    from the release notes?  It is odd that out of all the things at
    https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Category:F11_in-depth_features ext4
    has an entry in this FAQ.
10 - Should be moved to "Common bugs"
11 - Should be moved to "Common bugs"
12 - Move to "Common bugs" (more aptly named "Common issues")?
13 - Move to "Common bugs"?
14 - Probably should have been in release notes.  Can this be dropped
     or the manpage for "ls" be updated?
15 - (meta question)
16 - (retain link)

Any opinions?