RCs for Everyone (was One (more) week slip of Fedora 11 Release)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Fri May 29 20:56:30 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 29, 2009 at 10:01:19 +0200,
  Thorsten Leemhuis <fedora at leemhuis.info> wrote:

> I haven't checked if that still works, but I guess it would. Of course
> not with the Live spins, as they are compressed and thus everything
> changes all the time. But maybe we could offer them as uncompressed
> images somewhere -- you could still test them using USB-Sticks, DVDs, or
> with visualization solutions like KVM, Qemu, and Virtual-Box.

If you don't need to test the exact bits, another option is to maintain a
local mirror of rawhide and build livecd/dvd images yourself using
livecd-creator. It is pretty easy to do. Rawhide churn is a bit high, so
that even with rsync you will regularly get > 100 MB of changes and sometimes
> 1 GB on a daily basis. There also aren't a lot of rsync mirrors that are
updated daily.