Upgrade from Beta to Preview

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Sat May 2 00:51:35 UTC 2009

On Fri, 2009-05-01 at 20:36 -0400, cmdrUNIX wrote:
> OK I see your point that is is not 11 yet but the update did make it
> 10.93 so I think we need to sort this out cause now I am a bit
> confused now we have 10.92 rawhide, 10.93 Leonidas and soon 11
> Leonidas  and what is rawhide now ?

10.93 is the preview (as well as what rawhide currently is), but the
name is what F11 will be, as they went ahead and gave it the name to get
ready for F11.

> So where are we suppsed to be doing updates from if we want to stay at
> 11 and not go past it to the New rawhide ? I mean if the new rpm
> installed fedora.repo then shouldn't we be using it and not
> fedora-rawhide. Have I just confused myself through this release
> period ? :-)

You need to keep rawhide enabled (and fedora.repo disabled, as there
isn't yet an updates and/or testing dir to get updates from anyway) and
get updates from there, as rawhide is still ongoing to prepare/create
F11 when the time is right. The engineering folks (Jesse mainly I
assume) will let us know when rawhide will start developing for F12 and
F11 is composed and no longer rawhide.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

Fedora Project - Bugzapper, Tester, User, etc..
miketc302 at fedoraproject.org