Bugzappers: requests from maintainers for special treatment

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sun May 3 16:51:08 UTC 2009

> > That said, it's unfortunate that we're abusing NEW as UNCONFIRMED and
> > ASSIGNED as NEW (and have a nonstandard ON_DEV state which is being abused
> > as ASSIGNED). It would make much more sense to use the standard Bugzilla
> > terminology. This is also an artefact of sharing the RHEL Bugzilla with its
> > nonstandard workflow. We end up trying to give meanings to the states
> > defined by RHEL rather than defining the states we actually need and
> > keeping close to upstream Bugzilla terminology.
>
> Yeah, we've been discussing that. It's a fairly big problem to try and
> get a hold of, though. I'd rather like a fix in which we can present one
> set of states and resolutions for Fedora bugs and another set for RHEL
> bugs, but I'm not sure if that's technically possible without excessive
> patching. I need to talk to the Bugzilla maintainer.

Couple of updates here: I've summarised this thread as it currently lies
at rest for the next issue of FWN, so keep an eye out for that tomorrow.
Also, on the above - I talked to David, and unfortunately for now it's
not technically possible to show different statuses and resolutions for
Fedora and RHEL bugs within the single Bugzilla instance. It is a
feature that's previously been requested and one David is interested in,
but Bugzilla itself doesn't yet have the infrastructure to make it
possible. So we may have to wait a while on that one :(
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey