F11 Preview : everything OK but Virtualbox

spoffley no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Mon May 4 08:52:46 UTC 2009

> sean darcy wrote:
> E.B. A. wrote:
>
> > Guys,
> > everything works fine now (thanks to some of you) except for Virtualbox:
> > - Skype works great, Audio and Webcam are working. I needed to do some
> > tricks but the final result is good.
> > - nVidia drivers are ok.
> > - Compiz (in gnome) is impressive, fast and reliable.
> > - openOffice, KDE ecc. work ok. I have to say that KDE is not really
> > usable in my opinion, but most probably it's just me not used to it.
> > - User admin, file admin etc is ok, for what I can tell.
> > - I never had any serious problem. Somehow after I installed the nVidia
> > drivers the reboot started to work and does not hang up anymore.
> >
> > My only problem is VirtualBox. Whenever I try to run a new virtual
> > session, somehow, it just stop working. I installed the dkms but somehow
> > it doesn't work. Still, I think it's because of something I do, I
> > haven't really done any troubleshoot.
> >
> > Overall, I would definitely suggest to move to Fedora 11.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Enrico Accenti
> >

> For VirtualBox, is this what you're seeing?
>
> http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/3872 [1]
>
> sean
That sums up what is happening to me.  Version 2.2.0 works fine, you just need to download the generic Linux version, set the .run file to be executable and run it.  You should then have a working Virtualbox.
I use Virtualbox because I have been for two years and, unless there is a tool to convert my virtual machines to the built in Fedora Virtualisation, then I will need to continue to use it.

Links:
------
[1] http://www.virtualbox.org/ticket/3872

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=342607&topic_id=70665&forum=12#forumpost342607