Fedora 11 fail because of Anaconda :(

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon May 4 14:58:15 UTC 2009

>> > Fair point.  I'm optimistic with the number of Test Days and the
>> > increasing use of live images for testing.  That said, there is a
>> > significant hurdle to overcome for calming down the installer.
>>
>> I agree the test days have helped but its concerning that I still
>> can't do an install with custom partitions with the preview release.
>> And there doesn't seem to be a lot of traction on the bug to fix it
>> before release.
>
> I agree Peter.  From my perspective things have been improving with
> anaconda.  However, the exposure continues to be the previous disk
> layout especially those involving dmraid.
>
> When filing a bug, please be as specific as possible when outlining the
> "steps to reproduce."  Order is very important for the custom disk
> partitioning.  If a traceback occurs, the resulting traceback file
> (/tmp/anacdump.txt) and any screenshots are tremendously helpful.
>
> In the case of bug#492154, it appears that the previous OSX disk layout
> may be the culprit.  I'm reaching out to the anaconda-devel folks for
> advice on further pinpointing this issue.  I'll hopefully follow-up with
> more information.

Interesting, if that was caused by OSX disk layouts maybe some of the
bugs that were marked as dupes of it should be reopened. Or at least
the contents of the various bug reports re-examined for information.
The original bug I filed was marked as a dupe of that and I've since
put updates on that ticket but haven't been told that its not relevant
or to open a new bug.

Peter