Problems with preupgrade

Will Woods wwoods at redhat.com
Mon May 4 15:43:25 UTC 2009

On Mon, 2009-05-04 at 13:28 +0300, shmuel siegel wrote:
> I tried to run preupgrade to update my fc10 x86_64 system to rawhide.
> The process successfully downloaded 1.8 G of updates but the anaconda
> install failed. Among other symptoms it says that turnOnSwap was called
> from upgrade.py line 313 with 1 non-keyword argument but needs 2

This is a bug in anaconda-11.5.0.48 - the current rawhide anaconda
build. Preview works better. The current preupgrade package in F9/F10
probably doesn't list Preview in the available install targets, but wait
a day or two for preupgrade-1.1.0pre3 to hit updates-testing.

> What is more confusing is that it said that it was installing fc9
> modules and updating fc10 modules even though nearly everything in
> /var/cache/yum/preupgrade/packages is fc11.

There are some .fc10 packages in the F11 repos, so that's not completely
unexpected. Where did you see anything about .fc9 packages?

-w