F10 - safe temp limits ?

Arne Chr. Jorgensen achrisjo at yahoo.com
Mon May 4 23:57:05 UTC 2009

What is safe temperatures for AMD Turion 64 X2 Mobile TL-60 ?

While reading the list in Firefox, fan-increased and found that
cpu0 increased to 100% while chewing on xorg. Temperature increased.
Acpi TZ1 dropped out somewhere, falling to 18 degree centigrade, while
core0 temp climbed to 100 degrees. Then cpu1 started being loaded, and
this went to 100% as well. When core temperatures passed 110 degrees, I
hit power-off. But soon hit power-on as then I would have the cooling
fans. It took about 30 seconds or more before it was possible to get
the Bios startup screen shown.

Unpleasant "smelling" hot, I would say. Anyone know safe limits ?

Firefox for Microsoft in Wine is looping if you try to minimize the window.
and with desktop-effects, windows is only painted partly before they halt.
They will continue if you click inside them or you do something else that
may trigger them to continue.

What is M/B temperature by the way ?

( runing X11 radeon X1200 )

//ARNE