F11: no key repeat using vnc (vncserver)

Ken Roser fedora at resork.sent.com
Tue May 5 12:34:12 UTC 2009

Using vncserver on Fedora 11 (latest as of 5/5/09) and a RealVNC client
on Windows, version 4.4.3, I don't get any key repeats when keys are
held down. The same VNC client works with other vncservers on other
Fedora systems.  The system is a Dell 2850.  The following error found
in the vnc log probably offers a clue to the problem, but I have no idea
how to solve this.  Can anyone help?

Window manager warning: Log level 32: could not find XKB extension.

** (gnome-settings-daemon:17408): WARNING **: XKB extension not available

** (gnome-settings-daemon:17408): WARNING **: Neither XKeyboard not
Xfree86's keyboard extensions are available,
no way to support keyboard autorepeat rate settings