Bluetooth Issue on Fedora 11 Preview

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue May 5 18:03:25 UTC 2009

On Tue, 2009-05-05 at 11:47 +0000, greg.lumpkin at gmail.com wrote:
> It hasn't worked in a Linux distro unfortunately, but it did under
> Windows XP. It looked like the newer Gnome Bluetooth app in FC11 might
> have helped, but didn't. It appears when I issue the hcitool scan
> command. I'll check lspci tonight...

FWIW, I have a Bluetooth mouse too. I can pair it in GNOME, but that
never made it work. After a bit I found a voodoo (i.e. I don't
understand it, so it's like voodoo to me) hcid command on some random
webpage, and ran that. Ever since then, every time the mouse is turned
on and near the laptop, it works. It doesn't show up in any of the GNOME
information stuff, but all I have to do is turn the mouse on and it
works.

So I've no idea why the hell it's working, which bugs me. But it does
work...

that's on my laptop, which runs F10.
--
Adam Williamson