Where has soundcard control gone?

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Tue May 5 21:25:58 UTC 2009

I have a machine which has been running FC4 then FC6. I finally decided
to go to FC11 with it, since it is an NFS and sound server for the
computer lab. And I found that all the exciting sound stuff doesn't seem
to have a control for sound card mode. Looking at my FC6 notes (yes,
old) I say "bring up the mode menu and select between the 2 channel,
four channel, and 4+center config. The 8 channel isn't better enough to
justify more speakers."

Only I can't find anywhere to set the card mode, which under FC6 is
4+center, and FC11 is "rear only."

Where is it hidden? W isn't it obvious?

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>