2009-05-07 - Fedora Test Day - Virtualization

Bill Davidsen davidsen at tmr.com
Wed May 6 16:05:25 UTC 2009

shmuel siegel wrote:
> James Laska wrote:
>> http://www.redhat.com/docs/en-US/Red_Hat_Enterprise_Linux/5/html/Virtualization_Guide/index.html.
>>
>> One thing I've referenced several times while playing with
>> Virtualization in Fedora is
>> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Virtualization_Quick_Start.  This document
>> appears to be actively maintained.  Lastly, you might be interested in
>> following the Virt updates posted to the fedora weekly news
>> (http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Documentation_Virtualization_Beat).
>>
>> Thanks,
>> James
>>
> One use case that I would like to see documented, using an installed
> windows environment as my guest os. I once saw documentation on how to
> do this with vmware but not how to do this from fedora virtualization. I
> would really prefer to reuse my existing windows installation.

I might be able to help you do that under KVM, but I have minimal knowlege of
going through the virt-* complexities, it just seemed that it was very hard to
use for ad-hoc machine creation, like starting an existing machine with another
disk image attached as an additional drive (which I seem to do more than I should).

--
Bill Davidsen <davidsen at tmr.com>